Mushrooms — Information about This particular Magic Component

Here certainly are a few factual statements about Mushrooms, the magic ingredient:

Mushrooms are often classified as a vegetable or a herb, but they’re actually fungi.

While you can find over 14,000 mushrooms, only about 3,000 are edible, about 700 have known medicinal properties, and fewer than one percent are recognized as poisonous.

Those who collect mushrooms for consumption are referred to as mycophagists, and the act of collecting them for such is recognized as mushroom hunting or simply “mushrooming” ;.

Only specimens which are freshly picked or properly preserved should really be consumed and not as old. Once an edible mushroom loses its freshness, bacterial colonies will form and stomach upsets or worse symptoms can be anticipated if such specimens are ingested.

Probably the most commonly consumed mushroom on earth is Agaricus bisporus or the white button mushroom. It has two other kinds Crimini or brown mushrooms with a far more earthy flavor and firmer texture wonder bar chocolate, and Portabella mushrooms with a sizable umbrella-shaped cap and meaty flavor.

The Egyptians considered mushrooms as a delicacy, and the Greeks believed that mushrooms provided strength for warriors in battle. The Romans regarded mushrooms as something special from God and served them only on festive occasions, while the Chinese treasured them as a health food.

Mushrooms contain about 80 to 90 % water and are very low in calories (only 100 calories/oz). They have very little sodium and fat and 8 to 10 % of the dry weight is fiber.

No more than 45% of mushrooms produced are consumed in the new form. The remaining 55% is processed with 5% in the dehydrated form and 50% in the canned mushrooms form.

This shelf life of mushrooms in the new form is extremely short. Hence mushrooms are traded on earth market mostly in the processed form.

Some mushrooms produce compounds that fight cancer! This was discovered when scientists in Japan found that the community had unusually low cancer rates.

Mushrooms may be used for dyeing wool and other natural fibers. The chromophores of mushrooms are organic compounds and produce strong and vivid colors, and all colors of the spectrum can be achieved with mushroom dyes.

Netherlands is the greatest exporter of canned button mushrooms with a market share around 38.5%. China is second with almost 30% of world trade. France is close third with 13.5% of the planet exports.

As far as the import market goes, the absolute most significant buyer of canned white button mushroom is Germany. It alone accounts for almost 40% of the planet imports.

In addition to the above facts, mushrooms assists in immune function, they’re high in vegetable proteins and also promotes health and vitality.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *